KIESTRA standard platform for bacteriology
Medium or large laboratories? This is not a question; it’s a fact that in the UK there will remain medium and large sized laboratories. The real question is what kind of laboratory will you be in the future? Your future is our ambition.
It has been a very exciting year within KIESTRA and in the UK. On the 1st of January we launched KIESTRA UK Limited. UK laboratories have always been large compared to other European countries, but with the consolidation continuing resulting in medium and large size laboratories. In this challenging market KIESTRA has become the market leader. I am very proud of this. This is the reason why we invested further in KIESTRA UK. Our local team of Project and Service Engineers continues to grow. This ensures the successful installation of new systems in combination with rapid service support, regular maintenance and quality time and attention from the KIESTRA specialist in the UK. This will further be enhanced with KIESTRA Drachten in The Netherlands, where we will support our UK team with more than 100 specialists, who are committed to further improve economical and medical value within bacteriology.
KIESTRA’s solution for Total Lab Automation, ‘It’s The Sample That Moves!’, has proven to be robust and reliable. Day in and day out. The standard platform for modern microbiology is now a fact.
For example, each day over 30.000 dishes are selected, barcoded, transported to the benches, automatically or manually inoculated, automatically incubated, automatically digitally imaged and digitally read by KIESTRA systems all over the UK. More than 500 Biomedical Scientists (BMS) work daily with our solutions. These facts prove that KIESTRA is the market leader in the UK, for which I would like to thank our customers without whom we could never have reached this leading position.
- It has been 5 years since Salisbury District General Hospital started working with KIESTRA’s ‘It’s The Sample That Moves!’ solution for Total Lab Automation. We will celebrate this lustrum on the 18th of January 2012 with the whole lab team in Salisbury.
- Frimley Park Hospital have tripled productivity and shortened Time to Result substantially with ‘It’s The Sample That Moves!’.
- Wexham Park Hospital is very happy with their InoqulA, establishing a throughput of over 400 inoculations per hour by one MLA.
- At Southend, St. Georges, GSTS Bedford, TDL and other laboratories the InoqulA delivers what we had promised it would do, which has been tough. I must say that I am very grateful for the feedback and commitment of several UK Bio Medical Scientists and MLA’s working with the first InoqulA Full Automatic/Manual Interactive. Without our customers we would have never been able to co-create the best inoculation system on the market.
- At KIESTRA we have started serial production of the standard InoqulA which will soon shorten delivery time matching the needs of our customers.
This year KIESTRA launched Work Cell Automation, a compact and cost-effective solution for medium sized laboratories. Just 25m2 of floor space will be sufficient for the InoqulA combined with 1-3 compact and Smart Incubation Systems: the ReadA Compact. It enables you to process up to 600 specimen per day. This configuration can automatically inoculate, prepare Kirby Bauer AST dishes, incubate, image, screen positives and negatives, prepare Maldi-TOF target plates, prepare AST suspensions (Vitek®/Phoenix®/Walk Away®) and read disc-zones for AST. Bio Medical Scientists will read digital images using KIESTRA’s ReadA Browser, the standard reading platform of more than 500 BMS’s in the UK.
Colony picking for Maldi-TOF, which KIESTRA developed in co-creation with Bruker and 4 laboratories will become commercially available in 2012: the MalditofA. The system can be used as a compact bench top solution but can also be an integrated module within a WCA or TLA configuration.
I can imagine you would like to see the KIESTRA systems in action. This is possible at numerous sites in the UK. Please contact our UK Sales Director Sean Sparke or our UK Area Manager Richard Woods in order to organize a visit, so you can see our solutions in practice with your own eyes and to convince yourself.
In addition I would like to remind you that the ECCMID will be held in London this year from March 31st until April 3rd. Please feel welcome to visit our booth, number 551, where we will demonstrate that KIESTRA solutions are the standard platform for modern microbiology. Convince yourself which of our solutions suits best your needs, as mentioned before your ambition is our future!
For now I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas with joy and happiness. I also wish you a happy and successful New Year. 2012 again promises to be an exciting year in which we will continue to serve you and your laboratory with the right solutions, advice and service.
With the warmest regards,
CEO/Owner KIESTRA Lab Automation